Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rooty lake lounger


A got a email and a picture a month ago. This soon to be client of mine ask if I could carve this in to a lounge chair(see picture on the left). In all honesty my first response was yes because I always say yes. The challenge is just too tempting. I knew I could do it but I could just image all the rocks and dirt in that thing. My chains have a way of destroying themselves on rocks and dirt. In fact I laid that out to in my email back to the gentlemen as well as my willingness to carve him a lounger. He agreed to power wash it and away we went. I bought a special grinder wheel with carbide teeth figuring It would save on chains. It worked really well until it bit in to a few rocks and broke off half the teeth. As I ground away on this crazy piece of wood I started to think about this project more. I see a man that likes the unusual. Early I spoke with him about his house remodel and toured the structure. The remodel is reclaimed material, sod roofs, and well thought out design. I see that this guys imagination works in reality. This lounge chair is not an extravagant item but a necessary part of this mans personal vision. I am truly honored to draw out this vision. Simply inspirational.

No comments: